A message from the President
Dear members and friends,
As every summer, the museum reopens; also guided tours of the abbey by Capucine, who replaces Sylvie. Opening hours have changed: 2.30 to 5.30pm, with guided tours at 4pm. The information panels around the village enable members of the public to make a quick circuit of the abbey site while awaiting a guided visit.
New initiatives :
- During museum opening times, Capucine will invite youngsters to take part in a treasure hunt, both playful and instructive, around the abbey.
- The afternoon of Saturday 27th July we are holding a historical trail competition, where participants will discover much of our heritage. Open to teams of two, three or four. Prizes for the best teams will be awarded during the aperitif served af-terwards to all participants.
This summer, starting on 7th July, we are organising three concerts, two of them in the abbey gardens.
At our Annual General Meeting, we validated the creation of a separate association, comprising communes and associations in the region, to manage the Cluniac footpaths of the South-West. Despite delays, the new association should be up and running before the end of the autumn.
Again this year, we noted several late or forgotten subscription payments. We count on you to bring your membership up to date, if you have not already done so.
The members of the management committee join me in wishing you a very good summer and happy holidays.
- President’s message
- Summer events : Concerts & museum
- Summer events : Historical trail competition
- Summer events : Treasure hunts
- Cluniac footpath (Chemin de Cluny)
- Cluniac footpaths in the Pays de Serres : project
- Cluniac chapel : St Julien de la Serre