Pays de Serres Cluniac Trail
South loop remarkable sites
Discover the remakable sites you’ll come across on the south loop of the Pays de Serres cluniac route. Their history and architecture are described in a detailed post, which will also give you access to a virtual tour of the site.
Chapel of Notre Dame d’Aureillac
This chapel of the village of Saint-Urcisse stands at the crossing of two very busy roads, the Clermontoise, running from the Massif Central to the Garonne valley, and the Ténarèze, coming from the Pyrenees, a cattle road, or « draille ».
Church of La Nativité de Notre Dame
This church in Perville is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281
Church of Notre Dame du Grand Castel
The parish church, Our Lady of Grand Castel (Notre-Dame du Grand Castel), sometimes called Our Lady of the Assumption, was built in 1247 in the parish of Saint Seurin, at the same time as the creation of the bastide of Puymirol.
Church of Saint Pierre es Liens of Grayssas
This church is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281 under the abbatiate of Gausbert Girval by a deed signed with the bishop of Cahors.
Church of Saint Romain
Dedicated to Saint Roman, holy martyr persecuted and killed in Rome in 258, the usual name of this church is Saint Romain.
This church, imposing with its large wall belfry, dates from the beginning of the 16th century.
Church of Saint Urcisse
This church gave its name to the village, which was originally called Saisimentum. It was not until later that the name “Saint Urcisse” was chosen.
Church of Sainte Croix
The church of Sainte Croix de Punéjols is located in the village of Saint-Urcisse, not far from the chapel of Notre Dame d'Aureillac.
This chapel, dating from the 11th and 12th centuries, retains two Romanesque features: the north wall and the massive square tower that houses the bells.