This church in Perville is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281
This church is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281 under the abbatiate of Gausbert Girval by a deed signed with the bishop of Cahors.
This church gave its name to the village, which was originally called Saisimentum. It was not until later that the name “Saint Urcisse” was chosen.
The church of Saint-Amans de Tayrac was a dependency of the Saint Maurin abbey. Over time, the church at Tayrac was transformed into a priory
This is the parish church of Saint Maurin. It is situated on a level outcrop where its bell tower was able to play a defensive role. During the Hundred Years’ War, the original parish church was burnt and destroyed in 1356 by the Black Prince’s men. The church was rebuilt in 1525. This date accounts for its flamboyant ogival style.
The church of Notre Dame de Cambot, in the parish of Tayrac, once belonged to the abbey of Moissac. In 1236 the bishop of Agen gifted Cambot to the abbey of Saint-Maurin.