This church in Perville is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281
This church is one of the oldest possessions of the Abbey of Saint-Maurin. Its attachment to the abbey was confirmed in 1281 under the abbatiate of Gausbert Girval by a deed signed with the bishop of Cahors.
This chapel of the village of Saint-Urcisse stands at the crossing of two very busy roads, the Clermontoise, running from the Massif Central to the Garonne valley, and the Ténarèze, coming from the Pyrenees, a cattle road, or « draille ».
The church of Sainte Croix de Punéjols is located in the village of Saint-Urcisse, not far from the chapel of Notre Dame d’Aureillac.
This chapel, dating from the 11th and 12th centuries, retains two Romanesque features: the north wall and the massive square tower that houses the bells.
This church gave its name to the village, which was originally called Saisimentum. It was not until later that the name “Saint Urcisse” was chosen.
Dedicated to Saint Roman, holy martyr persecuted and killed in Rome in 258, the usual name of this church is Saint Romain.
This church, imposing with its large wall belfry, dates from the beginning of the 16th century.
The parish church, Our Lady of Grand Castel (Notre-Dame du Grand Castel), sometimes called Our Lady of the Assumption, was built in 1247 in the parish of Saint Seurin, at the same time as the creation of the bastide of Puymirol.
Occitan song was in the spotlight for this second concert of the summer, featuring the group Arredalh, Mathieu and Wilfried, from the Cominges area in the Pyrennees
Concert in Saint-Maurin : tribute to Ella and Luis by Violette Du Pasquier and trumpeter Nicolas Algans
Our project the Cluniac footpaths of Pays de Serres is a winner of the 2022 edition of the Lot et Garonne participatory budget!
The restoration project of Saint-Maurin Abbey, the different phases and the progress of the overall project
The second concert of the summer took place on Thursday 19 August when we received the Callé Marcel troupe in the courtyard of the abbey castle of Saint-Maurin.
The Froggy Blues delighted us on the evening of July, 20th 2021…
The restoration work on the abbey church of Saint Maurin started in 2020. They were delayed a few times due to the health crisis.
The first stage, concerning the consolidation and restoration of the upper part of the bell tower, is now complete.
The second stage of the work…
The church of Saint-Amans de Tayrac was a dependency of the Saint Maurin abbey. Over time, the church at Tayrac was transformed into a priory
This is the parish church of Saint Maurin. It is situated on a level outcrop where its bell tower was able to play a defensive role. During the Hundred Years’ War, the original parish church was burnt and destroyed in 1356 by the Black Prince’s men. The church was rebuilt in 1525. This date accounts for its flamboyant ogival style.
The church of Notre Dame de Cambot, in the parish of Tayrac, once belonged to the abbey of Moissac. In 1236 the bishop of Agen gifted Cambot to the abbey of Saint-Maurin.
The parish was a dependency of the Cauzac priory. In 1253 the rights of the Saint Maurin abbey over Saint Sixte and its annexe, Gandaille, were recognised by Guillaume, bishop of Agen.
This Romanesque church built of fine stones, laid in regular courses, has been recently restored. Only the nave is original.
In 1243 the abbot of Saint Maurin, Guillaume de Belpech, bought the tithe collection rights.
Discover the video taken by a participant in the inauguration walk of the paths of Cluny en Pays de Serres on 12 September 2020.