This is the parish church of Saint Maurin. It is situated on a level outcrop where its bell tower was able to play a defensive role. During the Hundred Years’ War, the original parish church was burnt and destroyed in 1356 by the Black Prince’s men. The church was rebuilt in 1525. This date accounts for its flamboyant ogival style.
The parish was a dependency of the Cauzac priory. In 1253 the rights of the Saint Maurin abbey over Saint Sixte and its annexe, Gandaille, were recognised by Guillaume, bishop of Agen.
This Romanesque church built of fine stones, laid in regular courses, has been recently restored. Only the nave is original.
In 1243 the abbot of Saint Maurin, Guillaume de Belpech, bought the tithe collection rights.